Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ouch = Ice + Ibuprofen

I didn't post much in the month of November. In part, this was due to how busy I was. A lot of my busy-ness had to do with preparing for my half marathon, though. Training could have provided me with miles and miles of blog material. I could have posted about my new found love for the terrible music they play at Body Pump class at 5:45am on Mondays. Or about how I'm glad I don't pay for cable tv because, while running on the treadmills, I get to watch enough "16 and Pregnant" on MTV to last a lifetime. Or, and most excitingly, how nice it is to be running faster than that buff guy on the machine next to me :)

But I haven't posted about any of things because, inevitably, if I started to write about how my running is going, I would have to mention my Left Calf. I feared that if I mentioned Left Calf in my blog, that would make Left Calf's issues "real". I believed that if I ignored Left Calf, then all would be fine, and I would run this Sunday without any problems.

Being married to a doctor can be difficult. He wants me to be all "medically responsible" and stuff. So, I made a deal with Hubby that I would see a doctor and have the dumb leg looked at after the half marathon in Florida. Knowing that my schedule at work fills up quickly, I decided to call yesterday to make an appointment for next week. Worst idea ever.

The doctor's office made me come in TODAY to get it looked at. Blood tests and radiology... blargh.

Anyway, as of right now, I'm allowed to run on Sunday. (Thank goodness my doctor is a runner and understood that I was going to run the half regardless of her advice.) But I had to promise to stay off my leg as much as possible for 3 weeks after the half marathon. UGH.

Knowing that I'm not supposed to be running makes it hurt more. There was a reason I was pretending there was nothing wrong! Now it's official. Left Calf is a stupid limb of pain. I'm considering disowning it.

5 days! I'm glad I get to run on Sunday, and hopefully I remember how to ignore Left Calf again.

3 comments:

  1. I choose to imagine that my left calf is a cloud and that only happy things happen on clouds and that the world is filled with happiness and clouds and that sometimes it's a windy day and the clouds move really really fast and that clouds are happiness and fast clouds are double happiness and that nothing bad can ever happen to a cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sharon. You might be insane. But thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt that your observation is correct :)Still wish for your half was the following weekend so I could go cheer and bring a cloud poster :)

    ReplyDelete