I have to say, I'm really excited for this weekend!
Firstly, it's my first race that requires real "traveling". Sure, we had to drive a few hours to get to the ones in Connecticut and New Hampshire. And, yes, Vick and I stayed overnight in Maine for the last race. But I'm going on a plane tomorrow! My Florida race requires four planes (2 layovers in Atl), a rental car, two hotel rooms, and a dog-sitter (Mom).
Also, this MAY be my first race with 10-minute miles. Maybe. I've been training at 10-minute/miles or less on the treadmill, but I don't know what real life will do. With my hurt calf, who knows what will happen. I'll still be excited to finish no matter what.
Tomorrow we leave in the afternoon. So, clearly, today was a good day to begin Carb Loading :)
Some amazing people at work, Sam C and Sarah F, suggested that we go out for a celebratory beer (after some crazy weeks at work). It was Sam C's birthday! YAY Sam C! Yay Beer! Shira CL, Sam P, Jen A, and Julie K joined us as well.
Pita Chips, French Fries, and Beer were some excellent pre-race carb-loading. But I think the best part was spending some excellent, stress-less, quality time with a group of amazing ladies from work! You're all great! Thanks for the love and support at work and the well wishes on my race! See you on Monday.
I do love preparing for races with alcohol - you silly goose - that's what you're supposed to do as you cross the finish line!
ReplyDeletecongratulations on finishing (and making it home in almost one piece)! on a completely unrelated note, you need to try Stone's "Vertical Epic." It's delightful.
ReplyDelete