I've had a lot of stuff going on. Work has driven me a little insane recently, and Vick has been a bit stressed over his impending exams and fellowship applications. Our home has been invaded by Peanut-Love-Bug, a foster cat from a terrible hoarding situation. And while Mr. Peanut is adorable beyond words, my own cats are quite unhappy with his presence. My daily cuddles from Petri have been replaced by hissing fits whenever Petri sees me. He's a little pissed off. Pepper is probably pissed off too, but she's always pissed off, so it's hard to tell the difference.
I'm in a funk. Normally a nice cold beer would make me feel better. Yet, when I opened up one of my Atlantic Brewing Company Ginger Beers (which scored an 8/10 on the Casey Scale), I only took 2 sips before pouring the rest down the drain. Sigh. Not even a beer can fix this.
I've decided to take my negative energy and put it to good use. I've worked-out for 7 out of the past 8 days. I've been trying to channel all of that grumbly-frustration towards my legs, and it seems to be working. Today I ran 5 miles and averaged 9 minutes and 55 seconds per mile. Perhaps my 10-minute mile goal is manageable. Look out Florida! I'm lumbering your way at a moderately brisk pace!
Hopefully beer will taste good again by Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment