I devoted a lot of time in October to my noble beerquest, and kind of forgot about running. Minutes after my last post, I realized that I really needed to sign up for a half-marathon. My intentions of "staying in shape" by keeping up my running regimen without registering for a race were short lived. Actually, perhaps they never lived. I ran 2 times between my October 3rd race and November 1st. Oops.
The Madeira Beach Half Marathon in Florida is less than a month and a half away! So, it's time to get my butt in gear. I paid for the race before I figured out how many weeks were between now and then. Apparently, I better be ready to run 8 miles this weekend! And my goal for this race- run every mile in 10 minutes or less.
Considering how slow I am, 10-minute miles are a huge-normous goal. I'm excited to report that this week I've run 5 miles two times. Each time has taken me less than 51 minutes! Go meee! Lets see how my 8-mile run goes on Friday...
No comments:
Post a Comment